Tuesday 21 October 2008

Play Sudoku Online

Many of you out there would be Sudoku addicts. In fact before i took to online writing, I too was a keen sudoku player.

Sudoku originated from US but the version that we are all familiar with came, recycled, from Japan (hey, I didnt know that, wikepedia says so).

Sudoku's a way to place just 9 numbers (from 1-9) on a 9X9 square grid. Sounds easy, doesnt it? But the hitch lies here, you can have only one solution, you cannot repeat a number in a horizontal line, vertical line on in a square! Not so easy, you see.

Why should you play sudoku?

I played it when I was pregnant and had left my job and didnt have anything to do...You cant get pregnant but well you may have a lot of time to waste:-)

I also played it because I never have been able to solve a crossword in a morning paper, and this was the first crossword like stuff that I could actually manage to finish!

I also played it because it was about numbers and it made me feel good solving them (believe me the solution has nothing to do with nos. you even substitute the nos for alphabets and use the same rules!!! - thats an idea for a new game - wow) because many people didnt even look it because they were numbers! numbers =>brains=> me!!!

Finally, I played it since I became an addict!!! I mean i never became addicted to the Rubik's cube (I could never solve it, dammit)...so Sudoku was an intelligent way to make my family think I was doing something brainy!

The Best Sudoku Site I have Seen is This. Its easy and fast and keeps your stats too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Belfast Blog - Day 2

From the archives from sometime in August 2014 from a solo trip to UK. Coming across these scraps from my files! Day 2 Day 2 in Belfast st...