Saturday 7 February 2009

Valentine's Day Poem - With A Difference!

There was a time when I got the Best Valentine cards,
Guys wanted to be close to me like mad.
I got the best of best friends too
Who vied to pay attention to me and woo.
I am 40 now and not getting young,
Crying for all the love and attention and a bit of song
My husband forgets the V'day
My son so young and gay
does only stuff that his girlfriends say!
20 years older and 40 pounds heavier
Oh how weary and dull life seems now
If I was a bit thin or a lot cool
I could still conquer the world
For don’t I know it all!
All of you out there, the young uns
So full of love and life and laughter
Please resist those chocolates
As you might be me twenty years on!

8 comments:

  1. Haha damn cute sangy. strikes a chord :> cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey thanks - nice to know u read it:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How true...Seems like me too!! Do you mind if i borrowed this poem and quoted it to my friends??

    Didn't know you were a poet!! Good one..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute poem....i liked the part which says that we are twenty years older now...reminds me of my teenage years, hopes, aspirations, dreams...hahhahaha....

    ReplyDelete
  5. wishing u dozens of vday wishes n flowers for 2011...starting with adv wishes for next yr..:).....any inspiration from simi grewal..ala mera naam joker

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1 more comment...i ner saw any vday cards 20 yrs back...actually ner knew what this vday is all abt...damn cool man...u got best vday cards even then...were ahead of times..even then..:D

    ReplyDelete
  7. mr tasrij - the poem tag says humor - so pls don't take it too literally!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Sanghamitra its beautiful!It has some nostalgic memories!!!Really GOOD.KEEP IT UP!

    ReplyDelete

Belfast Blog - Day 2

From the archives from sometime in August 2014 from a solo trip to UK. Coming across these scraps from my files! Day 2 Day 2 in Belfast st...